Engaging Truth Conference (Adults) at The Journey Church
We live in a culture today where right and wrong change minute-by-minute. How do we, as Christians, engage the culture and honor God in our families, with our friends, and in the workplace?
Join us on April 29-30 for two days of teaching, worship, and equipping on why we must Hold the Line, and how we can live out the gospel in a culture where lines are constantly being re-written. We'll have teaching from Pastor Erik and Dan Darling, music from Journey Worship Co., and breakout sessions to provide practical help in applying the teaching.
Please note that we'll be discussing some important, but sensitive topics in these sessions. Please use your discretion when considering whether to include your children / students.
Update: Every family attending the conference will receive a free copy of Pastor Erik's new book, Hold the Line: A Call for Christian Conviction in a Culture of Conformity, when it releases. The book will be made available for in-person pickup or shipped to each family after the conference.
- Where: The Journey Church in Lebanon, TN
- When: Friday, April 29 from 7-9pm & Saturday, April 30 from 10am-3pm (boxed lunch)
- Who: Open to anyone ages 10+ (not just TJC attenders)
- Cost: $30 for ages 10+ ($75 max for families). Note - please make separate arrangements for children under age 10.
- Accommodation Recommendations: There are several hotels within minutes of The Journey Church in Lebanon, including Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, Candlewood Suites, and Avid Hotel.
- Friday 7:00pm: Anchoring Our Beliefs to Scripture in a World of Competing Authorities (Erik Reed)
- Breakout Session (Sanctuary): Parenting Children in a Secular Culture
- Breakout Session (Student Center): Discerning Counterfeit Gospels
- Saturday 10:00am: Celebrating God's Design in Sexuality, Gender, Marriage, and Children (Dan Darling)
- Breakout Session (Sanctuary): Discerning Counterfeit Gospels
- Breakout Session (Student Center): Parenting Children in a Secular Culture
- Saturday Noon: Boxed Lunch
- Saturday 1:00pm: Panel Q&A on Conference Topics
- Saturday 2:00pm: God's Word on Homosexuality and Gender (Erik Reed)
Erik is the Lead Pastor of The Journey Church in Lebanon, TN and author of Uncommon Trust. He also founded Knowing Jesus Ministries, a non-profit organization which exists to proclaim timeless truth for everyday life. He is married to Katrina and has three children: Kaleb (who went to be with the Lord), Kaleigh Grace, and Kyra Piper.
Dan is a pastor, Director of the Land Center for Cultural Engagement at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, and author of several books, including The Original Jesus, The Dignity Revolution, The Characters of Christmas, The Characters of Easter, and A Way With Words. He is a frequent contributor to several publications and is regularly interviewed on radio and television. He is married to Angela and has four children.